1. What are cookies?
The term cookies refers to any trackers left or stored for example when consulting a web page, reading an email or installing or using software or mobile apps.
The types of cookies Econocom uses on its websites fall into three categories:
- Technical cookies: these are used to record the predefined settings in your browser in order to ensure you an optimal, more personalised browsing experience. For example, a technical cookie may record your choice of language in your browser. These cookies cannot track your browsing history on other websites and do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising purposes.
- Audience-tracking cookies: these allow Econocom to gather statistics on the way visitors use Econocom’ websites, such as the most visited pages and the number of visitors. This information is used to measure traffic on these web sites. By analysing this data on how visitors use services, we can subsequently improve these services. All the information collected via cookies is anonymous, and collected solely for the purpose of developing and monitoring traffic trends on our websites.
- Social media cookies: they are used to share content from our website with other people via social media. When you use the share button, a third-party cookie is installed. If you are logged on to a social media while browsing on our websites, the share buttons will link the content you consulted to your user account on the social media. If you do not wish for the social media to link the information collected by our third party to your user account, you must first log off the social media site.
3. Information about cookies and disabling them
Audience-tracking cookies: :
4. Cookie settings in web browsers
If you do not wish to receive cookies or if you wish to be notified of their use, you can change the settings in your web browser. The methods for managing and deleting cookies vary from one browser to another. Here are the links to the browser setting instructions for the main web browsers:
Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera
5. Cookie management tools
There are a number of free, easy-to-use tools on the market that allow you to manage your cookies and block ads.