- In terms of society and the environment, as a service provider and via the products distributed, maintained and leased.
- In terms of the ethics of our business practices, the resources used and the carbon footprint produced in the course of our day-to-day activity.
Econocom joins the United Nations Global Compact, a voluntary initiative that is the mark of a responsible company, and which promotes corporate social responsibility and finding solutions to the inevitable consequences of global growth.
- Ensuring sensible, transparent corporate governance, whilst guaranteeing business development by constantly exploring new demands from clients and new approaches in order to create sustainable wealth, ensure long-term viability for the Group, thereby enabling us to share some of this wealth and give something back to society.
- Focusing on employees' well-being so that every man and woman in the Group can be part of a pact of solidarity that will give meaning to what we do.
- Developing a responsible marketing approach, focusing on being attentive to clients and partners' needs, collaborative innovation with them, and sustainable, ethical relations, in order to develop solutions that match their needs whilst respecting the resources used to implement them, from design through to the end-of-life phase.
- Implementing a responsible purchasing policy, involving evaluating suppliers and assessing the impact of consumption.
- Measuring the carbon footprint and committing to reducing it via active waste management, optimising CO² emissions and consumption of resources.
- Continuing to develop actions that help us share this progress, in particular by consolidating the partnership with Passerelles Numériques, working more with vocational rehabilitation associations, and via targeted initiatives in each country, as the Group always has.